I also decided to make rolls so that I could surprise Phil this morning with fresh rolls and strawberry jam at work so I can finally put up recent pics of the kids (I don't think there's a picture of Isaiah there yet!) and this is what they turned out looking like...
They are flat, heavy and inedible. Oh well. I was so upset (I think it's cause I used some wheat flour) that I made the recipe again this morning and it seems (fingers crossed) to be going better. I've used about a pound of butter in the process, but I'm sure it'll be worth it, right?! Who wouldn't eat rolls besides a masochist who is on a bread free diet, which is worse than a muffin top if you ask me.
There was some good from last night. I also made cookies. (I really got in a baking mood, I guess). The cookies were not as good as the reason why I made them (okay they were pretty close to as good, but still). I had a friend listen to a missionary lesson last night. I know that she was doing it because I asked her, and I was helping the missionaries, but as they spoke I realized that I wanted to share the Gospel message with everyone I know and love because IT'S TRUE! It is what makes me happiest in this life and what will give me eternal life hereafter. It was so incredible to finally be able to tell someone I love, that doesn't yet know all about our Heavenly Father's plan, that it truly is the plan of happiness, joy and blessings. I hope she'll want to learn more, but I will not put pressure. I think everyone needs to make that choice for themselves. I love my life, my husband, my children (though Isaiah better start sleeping all night or he's going to get a lump of coal for Christmas) and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ!
In the Book of Mormon, Alma the Younger teaches his son, Shiblon, in Alma 38:12 "to use boldness, but not overbearance" in his missionary efforts. I often think of this advice when I'm sharing the gospel with someone and it sounds like you just followed his advice too. I'm sure that your friend can see how happy your family is and feel the Spirit in your home and when she is with you. Let the Spirit do the conversion. Gosh, I miss talking to you in person about this kind of stuff. Thanks for always sharing such wonderful stories on your blog!!
ReplyDelete