
How on earth could anyone get mad at a face like that? Well, I did and I feel horrible about it. Okay, not about getting mad, but about telling him that for the rest of the night I wasn't going to be his Mom. OUCH! Not my proudest parenting moment, but I explained that he was going to be getting everything for himself and doing it by himself because he wasn't listening and then he pointed out that I was wrong (his cleats were where they were supposed to be-I already put his old ones in a box) and I wished the ground could have swallowed me up and erased the whole last hour of time. But it couldn't so I write to remind myself and learn from tonight. Keeping in mind earlier when I thought I'd lost him TWICE, and he led his younger sibling onto the playground without me, while I was talking to a teacher, I was rightly upset and he was given a consequence, but I would never in one million years want him to ever think for a moment that I wasn't his mom ALWAYS. I love him more than myself and I would rather spend the day chasing him around than laying in that hammock in Maui (and that's REALLY saying something because that is a dreamy place for me)! I love you, Elijah and sometimes I'm a little crazy but I hope you always know you are loved more than anything in my world and that having you and your brothers and sister are the best things I've ever done in my ENTIRE life and nothing will ever beat it!
No comments:
Post a Comment