Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Praying Unceasingly

Sometimes I find myself praying unceasingly. Not because I'm sooooo religious, but because I am trying not to yell at a child or to receive some divine intervention for handling situations. Mothering is probably the hardest thing I've done in my life, so far. I am so grateful for the opportunity, but "ay yay yay" (a new saying Noah says so cute I could kiss him to death) it is exhausting and overwhelming and suffocating at times. Here are a few things I love about mothering my kids:
Elijah is simply a good boy who is so bright and imaginative. He is also good at knowing when I'm getting frustrated and tries to distract me with something funny or cute. He'll even mention Disneyland or Maui if he thinks it'll work. He's the first to hear my exasperation and running to help distract Isaiah while I tent to another child or finish cooking dinner.
Emi loves getting praise and attention. She lives for it. She is always willing to snuggle and be held. She loves people, especially her family, and she YELLS it to Elijah every morning as he gets out of the car to goes to school. She is always making new friends and loves being our princess with spunk!
Noah has a sweetness about him that is tangible just by looking at him. He loves to help me and everyone around him. He will RUN to get the phone or keys or a toy/plug for Isaiah (without being asked). He also loves to be held and loves to sing.
Isaiah is super easy going. He smiles and takes everything in and doesn't need much except some food and something to chew on. He wakes up and doesn't need to be fed immediately (something I appreciate soooo much with all the others needing to eat before we dash out the door)- it's probably because he's awake all night nursing! He's always smiling and excited.
I have truly been blessed and I have to remember that even when my days are long and my nights are even longer! I am really trying to be more patient and loving and enjoy the moments that we are in instead of wishing them to hurry along. One day they will be grown and I will miss all the easiness of the day to day when they still want to be with me and love being at home building forts in my living room and spilling water on the floor because they are "cooking."

No comments:

Post a Comment