Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Wonder If...

A bathing suit jacuzzi session is a favorite of theirs

I sat in church today and looked at my kids all FOUR and was having a little moment of awe at the trust our Heavenly Father has in those he sends these little people to. I do not feel able on my own and am so thankful that I have him to guide the path that we follow. Now, I must say that I don't have these kind of moments all the time. Usually during church I am wrestling, chastising and consoling them so much that I don't even have time for any thoughts except, "isn't it over yet?!" But I am thankful for those reflective moments. I wonder if that's what it's like for Him as he watches over us...concern, distress, comfort by way of the Holy Ghost interspersed with moments of awe and pride at the job we're doing. I wonder if He wishes we would stop and take it all in more often because He knows how truly fast time goes. That He wishes we would relish in the moments that we have to enjoy His marvelous creations (people and settings) and truly LIVE. Live as He hopes we would live, as He desires us to live and as He needs us to live so that we can be a blessing in the lives of others. It has never been so clear to me as it is now (who knows tomorrow ;)) that when you truly lose your life in service you find your happiest self. I still murmur too much, I need to work on gossiping, I need to learn to listen more than talk, but I am amazed by all that the Lord enables me to do each day because I serve those I love and those in need (not as much as others, but I'm working on it!) and I truly am happiest when I lose myself in service. Now I'd better get to bed because service around here is around the clock and if I don't get enough shut-eye I'm a VERY cranky server and I'll be the one needing to be served!

No comments:

Post a Comment