Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hiding in a Ditch

Today is one of those days that I think, this week has been soooooo long, surely there's no way I can make it until the weekend. And then I realize the weekend is just as busy as this week and I want to crawl in bed, pretend to be sick and just veg.  I wonder how my kids would feel about that? They might like it. They're probably just as exhausted as me. I want to document this week's activities because one day this week will probably seem simple compared to how busy it will be as the kids get older and projects, sports and commitments become more complicated and time consuming...because right now I just want to pack us in the van and go away on a trip for a few days and escape all the STUFF (the good and the not so good) so that we can just be together.


Sunday:  Dinner at friends' for the Bishopric (fun, but it started the week on a tired note-guess we should've shut up and gotten out of there earlier-sorry about that)
Monday:  Friends came over for the Niner game (I was upset about  missing FHE, but Phil lives for those types of moments and his life is so stressful that I think it's important to have releases)
Tuesday:  Relief Society night and Missionary lesson at our house
Wednesday: Dr's appt for Phil about his kidneys, which seemed scary, but was O.K., Eli had soccer (thank goodness for the in-laws) and then he left for church, counseling with ward members, which leaves me alone to get the kids to bed and all the FUN stuff (it wasn't too bad, I was just drop-dead tired)?! I fell asleep before he got home (it was 10:15 when I fell asleep)!
Thursday:  Today, I thought, okay it's Thursday, no extra commitm...and then I remembered that it is STAKE BISHOP'S MEETING!  It can't be!  Again, somehow I'll get through it alone, but I sure miss that guy that lives here with me!
Friday:  I have an appt in the morning, then we're taking a couple YW (some of my favorites) to dinner to celebrate a birthday (which I'm looking forward to) at the Cheesecake Factory! :)
Saturday:  Eli's (Sharks) soccer pics at 8:40am, game at 10am. Emi's (Purple Butterflies) soccer game at 11am, pictures at 12:50pm. B-day party at 2:45 for Eli and Emi. B-day party from 5:30-8pm for Eli. 8:30pm I collapse and think it's over only to remember that the next day is SUNDAY!
Sunday:  Get up at 7am to get ready for 9:30am church.  Church ends at 12:30pm and then we go home (me and the kids) while Phil stays at church until about 3pm, HOPEFULLY no later.  Relief Society Broadcast at the Stake Center.
Monday:  MANDATORY DAY OFF?!
I can't even think about next week...


If there's anyone who actually reads this I apologize if it seems I complain too much and don't seem thankful and all that, but this is me, venting.  I just need a moment in my hammock, and since the back lawn isn't even done I can't even put up a hammock unless I want to fall in a ditch (where all the sprinkler pipes will go when we finally have a moment to work on our yard), hmmm...maybe that could be nice...for...a...while.  Sometimes I am so jealous of how simple other people's lives look, but I'm sure if I walked a mile in their shoes I'd rather put on my own everyday, especially because I love the people I get to be with. Okay, that's it for now. I hear Isaiah talking in his crib, so cute, until it turns to a cry because I've blogged too long and he's mad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment