Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gigantic Forts

I just LOVE conference weekend, and though Saturday's sessions were spent at soccer games and viewing on the internet while the kids watched a movie and someone installed our water line for the sprinklers AND Phil was at a dental class, all in all it was a great weekend. I love feeling buoyed up and given new inspiration and love from my Savior by the mouths of those who lead this Church.  The kids had a great time playing TOGETHER! It was amazing. Saturday evening as I worked on making a VERY late (8pm) dinner of waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon for when we FINALLY got to be together as a family for the day, the kids were busy pretend playing together. They would pretend to be at the movies, turn off all the lights, sit in front of the TV and pretend to buy snacks (fake-can't believe they didn't con some candy out of me) using their cash register. Then they would go home (to a fort they made) and tell Noah to drive his car to work, or take the baby for a walk and he would say "okay" and do his business and then come back "home" and it went on and on for hours. It was simply the best evening I've ever had with my kids. I wanted to somehow sneak a video of them so that I could have it to treasure forever. Their voices, their reactions to each other, the way that Elijah leads them kindly and Emi in turn then leads or shall I say bosses (just a little) Noah who is so happy to have them including him that he just follows dutifully. (Though he won't give up the Princess car he likes to drive around on even with all their pleading and bossing), but Elijah is able to keep them having a good time.  Wow. How did he get so grown-up!?
Well, the pictures are of a tent they made today. Elijah made it entirely by himself. He didn't think he could, but he did. He was so excited about it. When I came and saw it I was pretty impressed  and he said, "You should write about it on your blog. You could say, 'Elijah wanted to build a gigantic fort...'" It was so sweet and so here I am, writing about it on my blog. They love when we read the blogs together. They laugh, the say "awww" and then Emi gets upset and says, "Where's mine. I want one just about me." :)  I love these kids and I'm thankful for weekends like this when we get to slow down (okay, maybe just Saturday evening and Sunday) and enjoy each other. 

1 comment: