Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Can Survive


Two weeks ago Phil went to the Seminary retreat for church for THREE days! I thought I was going to go crazy, but it went okay. We all missed him, although interestingly enough the kids seem to have a harder time when Mom isn't around than when Dad is absent. I guess the Divine roles of Moms and Dads really is just that, divinely inspired. Anyway, on the last day Friday, we thought he would be home early enough to hang out for a while before going to bed, but by 6pm we still hadn't seen him and he was still driving sooooo I loaded everyone in the car with the intention of just going to Crystal Springs Resevoir on Canada Road to see the sunset (it was about 80 degrees at 6pm), but when we got to the end of the road and I noticed no traffic on 92 going to Half Moon Bay I decided to keep on going up and over the hill. OH am I soooo glad I did. It was a gorgeous night at the beach. We didn't go down to the beach for fear I would NEVER get all of us out of there alive considering that it was high tide and the water was at the bottom of the stairs to the beach, but we threw rocks in and just enjoyed the sunset. It was a really nice evening and we ended it with ice-cream from MickieD's (McDonald's) and when we got home guess who drove in behind us just moments later. I survived on my own and my first trip anywhere alone with all four kids and no one to help.
Maybe there is hope for us leaving the house alone one day...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous evening. I wish I was closer to Half Moon Bay. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is where I left off! I can't wait to read through the rest &catch up! It was great seeing you this week!

    ReplyDelete