Monday, June 7, 2010
A Lucky Woman
So, I just had to write a blurb about how lucky I am to have my best friend also be my husband! :)
He is adorable and he is the best Dad! The other day we took Emi to get her teeth filled and after literally holding her to the chair and filling her holes that have been there for THREE months because she wouldn't let him put the composite in, we successfully got rid of the sugar bugs! We then proceeded to walk across the street and grab some Subway sandwiches and have a yummy lunch
next to the water fountain by the office, sounds heavenly doesn't it? Well it was! I was so thankful for the break of having to figure out lunch and struggle to get them to eat and the clean it up and all the rest of it and do it all alone! Well, once we finished we loaded the kids in the car, said our goodbyes, gave kisses and then Emi asked as we watched Phil walk back into the building, "Why does Dad have to go to his office? Why can't he come home with us?" It occurred to me so profoundly that I am the LUCKIEST woman alive because my husband does go to work everyday so that I can stay home and be a mom. He goes to work so that we can have a house and live comfortably. The love and admiration I had for him at that moment couldn't have been greater. He does all of it, work, being a dad, a bishop and a husband to a sometimes cranky wife, without complaint. I replied to her that he has to go take care of people's teeth and that wasn't good enough, so I told her that he goes to work everyday because he loves us so much and he wants us to be able have picnics by his office and be happy. That was an acceptable answer so she asked me to turn on the TV in the car. Hopefully one day she'll really understand what I said and she'll find her own best friend to marry who'll work hard for her and their family and she will feel like the princess that we think she is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to totally agree with you. Your husband is pretty darn amazing. I think Dave idolizes him. ;) That picture of Emi is beautiful!! She is a doll with those big eyes!
ReplyDeleteAhh! I love the photo of the hands. That is really precious! You are such a great wife...
ReplyDelete