Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Beginnings

Here are the pics from the New Beginnings activity I was in charge of recently. It was A LOT of work, but it came out so nice for the girls and that's what I was wanting so it was a success!
 A photographer in the Ward took all the pictures of the girls and I bought frames from Ikea for 99 cents! 

On the back were thoughts/qualities that each of the girls admired about each other. Thanks for the idea, Ashley! They were precious!

 The treat table had a "beehive," rose chocolates (the symbol of the Miamaids), a "laurel wreath" for the Laurels and they were all gobbled up very quickly!



The girls spoke, read their mottos, sang the YW theme and all in all it was a super impressive night for the girls to show off. I even made a slideshow of the virtue hike we took last May. We gave them Beauty Bags with all these cool MaryKay products inside that were donated by a ward member and a little description of "Real Beauty Tips" (i.e., For Sparkling Eyes always look for the good in others). It was a great night and I was ready to drop to the floor when it was over!

2 comments:

  1. The YW are so lucky to have you as a leader! Just reading this makes me want to be a YW leader again- great ideas! We only have one young woman and lots of young men which is unusual for this area because our seminary has over 100 kids and is divided into grades.

    Wish a Happy Birthday for Phil from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do such a good job Cindy! You were definately the creative one when we served in the Primary together. You are such a cute family! Wish Phil a happy birthday form us too. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete