Saturday, December 25, 2010

I am SOOOO Thankful!

our mantle this year
At this Christmas I want to write a note of gratitude for my Savior, Jesus Christ, for His willingness to suffer and die for the mistakes that I have made and will make in this life. He loved me, and each of us, so much that He was willing to endure pain and suffering that no one else could imagine because He knew that there was no other way for us to be able to return to our Father in Heaven. As I was reading the scriptures this morning and thinking about Lehi wishing to impart to his rebellious grandchildren and children a desire to live righteously, to want to have broken hearts and contrite spirits which would enable them to walk the straight path and eventually lead to them into life eternal, I was so enraptured by his words. He made sure they understood that he was dying and simply wanted them to know that this was the most important thing to him. Eternal life for them and their posterity. He even blessed them that the Lord would not hold them accountable for the sins of their fathers (meaning Laman and Lemuels kids wouldn't be held accountable for the things their parents had done). I am thankful that I have the words of the prophets in the scriptures to help me remember what really matters at the end of the day. 
I was blessed to have the gospel in my life when I was born. I will forever be thankful for that blessing. There was a recent address in which a general authority told the youth that if parents could give their children a testimony they wouldn't hesitate. If only it were that easy. I am thankful for modern day prophets that continue to teach us the things that the Lord would have us know so that we can return to Him one day. I am thankful that I grew in home where I was supported in my desire to gain a testimony and that I am now creating an environment in which my testimony and that of my children can develop and grow and expand. I notice a difference on the days that I read the scriptures in my everyday life. I notice that I feel more peaceful, patient and content. I don't know why I am so stubborn to learn that it is a NECESSARY daily act, just like showering! Even if I only get in a few verses I have made my goal since Thanksgiving to read everyday. I am growing and I am SOOOOO thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and testimony! And reminding me again what a difference daily scripture study makes. I miss talking with you. Keep up the blogging, I really love reading it.

    ReplyDelete