Monday, August 16, 2010

The Princess before church was a glowing little angel. She was soooo excited because she got to haver her hair curled with a curling iron for the first time! :) As I curled her hair she complained that it was hurting and was getting rather feisty so I explained that to be beautiful sometimes you have to have a little pain. How horrible to teach her that, but I did.

So I finally told her that if she kept complaining I wouldn't finish. So from then on she would say, "Oh it's not hurting. It's not hot. It's making me beautiful." It was pretty hilarious! And you can see from the picture below how excited she was about her beautiful curls!

During church she kept asking for her plug (pacifier) which I said no way to. Finally I told her that if she went all through church without it she would get a big chocolate bar when we got home. Upon our arrival she had forgotten, but after her lunch she remembered and starting asking for it. I told her to wait until Noah went to bed, but first HE needed to eat his lunch, so she became Noah's personal lunch monitor and when he finished (or what she deemed enough) she told me to "put him in his bed now." I gave her the chocolate bar and boy was she happy.

And then after church (a long while after), Dad came home, turned on Dirty Jobs (something we all love to watch together) and she curled up next to him and fell asleep. It was quite a great Sunday for Emi. This is how she slept for nearly 45 minutes (our little Ariel).

2 comments:

  1. She looks so pretty! I love her curls! What a little angel. Tell her I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was too funny! Girls are never too young that the price of beauty if a lot of pain, that's what I have to tell myself every time I get my eyebrows waxed...ouch!

    Can't believe your little girl is all grown up, where does time fly?

    ReplyDelete