Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day...Perspective


Perspective:

the proper or accurate point of view 

or the ability to see it;


I want to keep things in the correct vision and sight that I should at all times. Even when things get crazy or frustrating and especially when I have moments that make me feel such joy.

I want to be able to see the best point of view or things the way the Lord sees them at all times, not just when things are going smoothly. I thought about this today as Phil left to go to church to counsel with someone. My first inclination was to become frustrated and annoyed that on Father's Day this person was pulling my husband away from our home and kids...then I stopped and thought, "Would you rather be the person at home with your kids or would you rather be the person who needs to meet with the Bishop because your problems are so significant that you feel unable to face them on your own." I found the proper perspective and I am soooo thankful for the life that I have and the ways that I have been blessed.

It is Father's Day and I have been blessed by having an amazingly fun, entertaining and loving father who always put the needs of his family first and served and worked hard so that we could have our mom at home. He made sure our comforts and needs were met and he was the most fun person to have on a family vacation. When work was not a burden he acted as though the clouds were his stomping grounds and we would dance in them until our trip was over. Now as he serves a mission I feel the increase of our Savior's love in his countenance and I am thankful beyond measure for the blessing of eternal families.




Even better, I am blessed to have a husband who is the perfect of example of the love our Father in Heaven has for us. He is always kind, thoughtful, slow to anger and full of love when giving chastisement and when playing. Our children look to him as a source of love and comfort and fun and I couldn't ask for anything more! He works hard so that I can be at home as a mom. He serves the Lord with all his heart so that we can help build His church and how blessed our home and family are as a result. He is such an example to all those who come in contact with him and I am eternally grateful that the Lord let our paths cross eternally!



And if I wasn't blessed enough, Phil has a dad that is now my dad eternally and what a man! He is such an example of love and compassion and kindness and fun. Whenever I watch him with my kids I understand why Phil has so much patience and love as a parent. He learned it by example. He loves the Lord and he serves Him with such fervor and without complaint. It so inspiring to watch him touch the lives of others and especially the lives of my children.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment